Wednesday 29 October 2008

South lakes - Wild Animal Park

Went to the South Parks Wild Animal Park on Tuesday, and met the delightful animals there. I was a little concerned that the enclosures are small and at times the animals looked a little bored. However you can't deny that the big cats look well toned and in peak physical condition, so something must be working.

The lemurs roam free, although it is sad to see them rifling through the bins for swett and lolly wrappers.. I think the park should get on top of their litter problem, pronto.. Think I will be writing to them later!!

This lovely creature was waiting for his tea. . .


and this gentleman, eating his . . .


The lions & tigers had to work for theirs, by climbing 6 metre poles to get their food. . Seems to keep them fit.



and you are allowed to walk in with the penguins.... awwww, but keep your fingers safe.. mine are obviously so pudgy, they mistook 'em for a fish!

1 comment:

Posh Totty said...

Wow fantastic pictures, I especially love the giraffe, I adore giraffes :o)

Such a shame about the litter problem tho, I hope your letter does some good.