Monday 5 May 2008

The Hawk Conservancy near Andover

After a disappointing start at Stonehenge I decided to try again at the Hawk Conservancy. This is a wonderful home to many birds of prey who have either been taken in becasue they are disabled, bred there or sent to The Conservancy when they have been confiscated by Customs. The Bald Headed Eagle is the symbol of the United States of America, and a more beautiful symbol they could not have.









The Fish Hawk Eagle was really entertaining, although difficult to photograph!!









The breeding programme of Red Kites at the Hawk Conservancy has been a wonderful success, and there are now several pairs that have been released into the wild from the Hawk Conservancy. One of them came to join in the presentation. . . . although not this one I'm afraid!!


















Hmmm I'm sure this young man is in the wrong place... Haven't we met somwhere before... Oh I bet you say that to all the birds.....






This Secretary Bird truly is a classy bird, She looks just ready for Ladies' Day at Ascot with her hat, her luscious long eyelashes and that extraordinary eyeshadow!!






There were two delightful barn owls that could have stayed all day for me!! My favourite British Bird of Prey!!











The grounds at the Hawk Conservancy are really beautiful and Reg's meadow, planted in memory of the founder of the Hawk Conservancy was a blaze of cowslips.











I'm not sure that Vultures are supposed to be cute, but come on how could you resist this one.. enven if his beak is covered in dead yukky rabbit insides??

1 comment:

Steven Teng said...

Great picture of the eagles! I truly enjoy your blog as it expand my knowlegde and to taste different culture. Would you like to exchange link with me so that we can cross promote each other culture? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rgds
Steven Teng
stevteng@yahoo.com
www.stevenhavingfun.blogspot.com