Saturday 1 September 2007

Stopped and Searched by Police for the heinous crime of taking photographs

It has been a long summer, and opportunities to wander around London taking snaps have been few and far between recently. however it was a warm evening, so I forsook the Bourne Ultimatum and decided to see if I could get any nice photographs. I hopped up to Waterloo and headed for the South Bank. I started off next to the London Eye taking some pictures of the Houses of Parliament. My lovely aunt had given me a (rather pathetic ssshhhh don't tell her) tripod and I decided to use it to take steadier shots as I was using the nightshooting mode. I took one snap and then felt the long arm of the law. Apparantly I looked very professional, and the police wanted to make sure I wasn't a terrorist. Errrrrrrrr excuse me?? I quickly reassured them that I was just an enthusiastic beginner who really was trying to learn how to take some nice photographs. I kept looking around for the TV crews having a good giggle, all in vain. At this point some more officers turned up with machine guns to see if my officers needed assistance. I know I look a bit rough, but THAT rough???? They also seemed not to notice the entire capacity of the London Eye criminally taking photos of Big Ben, but I am not a grass, so decided to keep my fellow crims safe for the night! Luckily I was not wanted by Scotland Yard and was allowed to go on my way..... and also allowed to continue taking photographs.. now they knew I wasn't about to launch a mortar attack on Gordon Brown imminently at least!. So if you are planning on visiting London in the near future, beware.... DON'T TAKE ANY PHOTOS OF THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT. You have been warned! Just to prove this is not an over exaggeration.. Here is My Stop and Search. . . . and here the reason I was stopped... Tee Hee Noone has ever called me professional before. Shame they never saw the end photos!
and this is the photograph that so concerned them. Obviously if I had known it was so bad I would have surrendered to the Crimes against cameras police, but I couldn't see them at the time!


and after they left I felt decidedly shaky . . . . . . . . .



but I decided not to be cowed. . . . . Taking a risk to get the shots. I wish I could say that the end results were worthwhile.



My interpretation of the London Eye






I decided to play safe after a while and took photos of teh City from Waterloo Bridge instead. Sadly inspiration still didn't return!



But couldn't resist one final snap... as a Ya Boo Sucks to you . . . . . My two fingers Up to the Metropolitan Police!
Lots of love, Your friendly, middle aged, somewhat plump, white, almost middle class dangerous terrorist. x x x x x x x

4 comments:

debbie said...

OMG Anya, what a scary time, but goes to show there looking after London,, anyway, I tell you what, those photos are Fab, you should sell them as Postcards.. from a person with a BTEC in B/W photography.. there amazing..

Marja said...

That totally cracks me up! While they were harassing you, an innocent person taking cool photos, I would bet some real terrorists were getting away with something! I think your photos are fab. I scrapbook as a hobby so am pretty much attached to my camera though I have no idea how to use our DSLR on anything but auto mode :) Still enjoy myself though, can't say the same for Noemie!

x Marja (Heartline)

Anya and Lisa said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. Debbie . . you are a dark horse I dodn't know you had an interest in B/W photography... now that is something I would love to do! Marja, you are quite right about the police..I keep veering from being cross and indignant to finding it terribly funny! Your scrapbooking is on a way way higher level to anything I do. It's very impressive!
Anyax

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee Hee!!! Definitely should have blamed it on Auntie Jen and given the excuse that she just asked you to look after it for a while Honest Guv!