Saturday 22 September 2007

Davis Cup -So Long Tim Henman


Months ago I booked some tickets for the doubles match in the Davis Cup... GB V Croatia. Subsequently Tim Henman announced his retirement from the professional game, and then surprisingly as GB were 2-0 up Tim actually played with Jamie Murray to try and win the tie and take GB into the World Group in 2008. This would be his last competitive match, and we had great seats! I took plenty of pictures of the serve and particularly the end.. but her are some of my favourites! I actually missed the last point mainly because I was trying to make sure I captured Tim Henman's final shot.. He hit the ball three times during the last rally, and this is definitely the last shot.. although not the clearest photo. Sometimes photographs are good (and come on we are talking relatively here I know) because they capture the moment, rather than being the prettiest. That's my story and I am sticking to it.



I suddenly realised it was 40-15 on Tim's serve and that potentially it was the last ever serve he would take professionally. To be honest I had pretty much thought the same in the previous game, but forgot the photo, so not forgetting to take the photo was obviously a good thing for GB's prospects. Note to self.. remember to take photos frequently!




Tim Henman says 'Goodbye' The roar from the crowd was unbelievable





No more will we see the clenched fist when things are going well.... Oh my! Happy Days! This says it all really! Except the woman with the letter 'U' wasn't really playing ball was she?






I know this shot isn't really very exciting, but we had just won a service break and I was trying to capture all the Union Jacks!


Actually this one is back to the beginning when they were warming up! And we shouldn't really forget that Tim did have a doubles partner.... Take a bow Jamie Murray
Just a salutory note.........


I bought the tickets from Ticketmaster who were the official sellers months ago, because they were doing a Kids go free special offer. I realised a couple of days ago that my tickets hadn't arrived so called Ticketmaster who confirmed they had been posted on 23rd August and arranged duplicates which I collected this morning. I had 4 tickets.. and just before the start a couple arrived claiming I was sitting in his seat. I explained he needed to see the usher.. as Thomas hadn't been able to come he plonked himself down in the spare seat. If he had been polite I probably would have let it go, but he was so rude I went and reported him to the stewards.. who threw him and his wife out! I did feel bad, because I often buy tickets on Ebay.. and it wasn't his fault he had bought stolen tickets.. but he really had been quite insufferable. About half an hour another couple arrived with my other two stolen tickets... Luckily the steward spotted them trying to get us to move.. and threw them out too. It looks like my tickets were stolen in the post, but because I had reported them missing I had duplicate tickets. The steward told me duplicate tickets ALWAYS have priority. She felt sorry for the other people too, but she said their policy was always to remove the other ticketholders however genuine they may have been. i often buy Ebay tickets, but it is really worth checking them out.. There were four unhappy people at Wimbledon (or rather outside!)
**** Late update - I spent a lot of time looking for my tickets on EBAY and finally found them.. YES Honestly. Just so you know his name on E-Bay is TNERT16 and apparantly if you phone him on 07960 895964 He can get you anything your little heart desires! ****






4 comments:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

I trust you are going to report this ticket tout / thief, at least to ebay if nowhere else?? J x

Anya and Lisa said...

I have actually, but apparantly they will only do something if the police ask them to. I have also rated EBAY as zero on the 'what did you think of us' questionaire that they just sent me!

debbie said...

Looks like you had a fantastic Day Anya at the Davis Cup.. will be sad to see Tim go.. Think you need to work in the Media Anya!! these photo's are fab..

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

Have looked up this lovely chappie on ebay - funny but at the moment he is selling absolutely nothing!! J x