Sunday 16 November 2008

A walk around Westminster

Last night I had a lovely walk around London.. I walked around various places but this leg started at the Cenotaph looking at the poppies left on Remembrance Sunday last week, and thinking of fallen soldiers ove the past ninety years . . . . . see here for the picture. . . I then crossed Westminster bridge on my walk back to Waterloo station. . I have called the first photograph 'The long commute home'
Whereas these are just some tourists looking at the sights

For some reason I have never taken a photograph at night from this spot. the reflection on the water was lovely . . .

and then over to Hungerford Bridge, for a shot that you may have seen just once or twice before . . .


but my attention was taken by the merry-go-round. I was trying to stop the photograph from being too busy....but am very taken at the moment by movement in my photographs!!


i think the merry-go-round looks like it is about to take off in this picture..

and with christmas fast approaching I have been thinking of some christmas card shots. . .

3 comments:

debbie said...

I so love this one of the eye face on with the blue lights,, thats so pretty,,

Unknown said...

I love the first one. Did you have your camera on a tri-pod?

Anya and Lisa said...

Yes I did.. it took about 3 seconds to take.
Thanks for the lovely comments
Anyax