Tuesday 5 May 2009

Some bankholiday weekend pictures

Weird and wonderful weather this bank holiday and a strange set of photos really... there wasn't a good days photo shoot to post.. Sunday I went with my good friends Kate and Bethany to Hythe for the day, had a lovely lunch in the Bell (thanks Kate) and then got some sunstroke on the beach (without there being very much sun!!) Having sunstroke does not make for taking good pictures... so the camera stayed mainly in my bag!!



Beautiful Bethany in the blossom in her granny's garden


Saturday (see jumping around in time here.. very Doctor Who!!) was a lovely sunny day and a chance to watch my lovely jamie playing cricket. There is a shot of him batting in here, and of him scoring a run... lucky I caught it really as he was out next ball (sorry Jamie)


and then Bank Holiday Monday - Tom was keen for Windsor races and as the lad has GCSEs soon, and has been working all hours with his nose in his books (OK lets rephrase that - Tom was keen for Windsor, so I obliged him)

About a mile from the turnoff Tom helpfully piped up and said we're going to get there very early.. and with that I started to slow down. One picnic (is it still technically a picnic if you eat it in the slow lane of a motorway?), the first AND second race later we weren't actually that early. Seems like everyone else in the South East had the same idea, Windsor was packed, cramped cold, queues, busy, gloomy and a bit wet. To make matters worse someone called Sporticus was there.. It wasn't my best Bank Holiday ever..... and I wasn't much better with the camera!



These musicians cheered me up a little....



No comments: